All of the interesting technological, artistic or just plain fun subjects I'd investigate if I had an infinite number of lifetimes. In other words, a dumping ground...

Thursday 29 November 2007

Only the Paranoid Survive

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/bios/grove/paranoid.htm
Andrew S. Grove


Sooner or later, something fundamental in your business world will change.


I'm often credited with the motto, "Only the paranoid survive." I have no
idea when I first said this, but the fact remains that, when it comes to
business, I believe in the value of paranoia. Business success contains the
seeds of its own destruction. The more successful you are, the more people
want a chunk of your business and then another chunk and then another until
there is nothing left. I believe that the prime responsibility of a manager
is to guard constantly against other people's attacks and to inculcate this
guardian attitude in the people under his or her management.

No comments:

tim's shared items

Blog Archive

Add to Google Reader or Homepage